The Rocks Walking Tours has been operating since 1978 and is proudly, the longest established specialist guided walking tour company not only in Sydney but Australia.
In addition to our successful visitor service of daily tours within The Rocks our Educational Program was introduced in 1981.
That has seen us introduce generations of students to the importance of this area and its place in our history.
Tours are conducted in a safe and stimulating environment by our qualified team of guides in the preserved 19th Century historic landscape of Sydney’s oldest neighbourhood, The Rocks.
The tours offered within our program are continually reviewed ensuring ongoing relevance to the current syllabus and Key Learning Area’s (KLA) of:
- Human Society and It’s Environment (HSIE)
- Religious Studies
Guides will encourage your students to:
- Discuss accounts of past times, expressed through events and the interpretation of significant sites
- Observe and analyse the heritage of Sydney’s past and its present day
- Identify the stories and events that relate to the interaction between the people that lived here in this unique built environment
The Rocks Walking Tours specialises in the History & Heritage of The Rocks, Millers Point and Circular Quay.
These historically significant precincts provide a valuable outdoor educational experience that encourages ongoing learning about our fascinating past and present heritage.
Some possible programs include:
- History and Heritage
- The Way Life Was
- Convict and Colonial Capers
- Colonial Treasure Hunt
- The arrival of The First Fleet
- Site Studies
- The Rocks at Federation
- Urban functions at Millers Point