Activities for school groups can be arranged – campfires, horse riding, historical excursions and agricultural tours. Interested in staying overnight? Check out the Accommodation page here.
Please see below for more information.
Earth & Environmental Science (High School – Years 10, 11, 12)
Newhaven Park House brings the following areas of expertise together as a syllabus based, hands on educational excursion with work sheets that cover the wide range encompassed in the subject of Earth & Environmental Science.
- Salinity Identification -Tree Planting (Creek reclaiming)
- Catchment Management (Land care group)
- Erosion Site (anti-erosion work)
- Age of Fishes Museum (Fossil Museum, including fossil dig)
- Australian Fossil & Museum
- Cadia Mine
- Mining Method
- Mine Life
- Product Transport
- History & Environmental Management
- Blayney Wind Farm
- Carbon Neutral Farm
- Solar Powered Utility
- Pasture Cropping
- Bathurst Sewerage Treatment Plant
Gold/History Tours (Primary/High School)
Enjoy learning about the Gold Rush period of Australian history in one of the many sites available in the Bathurst Region. Hill End and History Hill along with Bathurst Goldfields offer educational opportunities using a combination of artifacts, restored equipment and buildings, preserved sites etc.Experienced guides will take you back in time to the gold rush period and help you pan for gold! Then after a long day of learning, come back to Newhaven Park House in its quiet rural setting and relax and unwind and enjoy the country air.
Aboriginal Studies (Primary/High School)
- 1-1 ½ hour performance of the Wiradjuri Tribe
- Didgeridoo playing,
- Talk outlining the Wiradjuri Tribe,
- Significance of Name,
- Outlining the Wiradjuri tribal territory,
- Lifestyle and Languages,
- European Settlement Significance,
- Notable Wiradjuri People,
- Wiradjuri History & Culture (Dreamtime Stories),
Agricultural Tours (High School)
Newhaven Park House’s Chris Porter is a local with 30 years of involvement in the agriculture science and history of the Central Western region of NSW. Chris is your personal contact to put together an excursion for your school or college group which is interesting, informing and complements your educational program.
The Central Western region of NSW is a major contributor to the economy and has a wealth of history in agriculture, and is a major tourism destination for international and Australian tourists, students and families. Chris can organise customised excursions, accommodation, and meals for a group of 10 to 100 students.
Agricultural Tours offered (no additional charge)
- Acid Soils – Fertilizer Projects,
- Commercial Cattle,
- Stud Cattle,
- Commercial Merino Enterprise,
- White Suffolk Stud,
- Merino Stud,
- Fat Lamb Enterprise,
- Feedlotting – Lambs,
- Steer Fattening Enterprise,
- Sale Yard Visit (Cattle or Sheep),
- Lectures on: Prime Lamb Ram Sires,
- Lamb Ranking,
- Fat Scoring Lambs,
- Viticulture & Olive Farming,
- Shearing Shed Visit – Shearing Demo.
Agricultural Tours offered (additional charges apply)
- Sheep Post-Mortem
- Dairy Lectures
- Piggery Lectures
- Soil Conservation